Flex Slider (Do Not Edit Here!)

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dragonfly

I want to share this amazing music with you guys. I met Miranda Rondeau when she performed a beautiful song for us on her 18" snared frame drum as a part of the opening ceremony of the Gaia Festival, a labor of love that my dear friend Kris and I partnered on back in 2007 & 2008. Miranda is a gentle, quiet and compassionate woman who transforms into a sumptuous, grounded, flowing and powerfully decisive Goddess when she picks up her frame drum and finds her voice. I remember sharing our stories of how we found the frame drum that weekend in California. We both were inspired by the same woman, Layne Redmond, to begin learning and working with the frame drum. Miranda had taken one of Layne's workshops some years earlier and I took Layne's "Bee Priestess Frame Drum Training" at the Kripalu Institute- and both of our worlds were opened. Miranda, of course, has excelled from a student to a teacher. I'm still learning. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment